8.05.2009

Zaha Hadid for Lacoste






So... fresh off her teaming with shoe company, Melissa (which I blogged on back in May), Ms. Zaha Hadid is back at it with a new men's and women's footwear colabo with Lacoste or as I like to call them, Lacost-a-lot. You readers should know by now that I'm a big fan of Hadid, the world renown, Iraqi-born, London-based architect and designer. I don't know how this project got by my radar unnoticed but I happened into my new FAVORITE designer consignment store, INA Men in Nolita NYC and noticed the shoes up on the shelf. First off, I can't believe they are already in a consignment shop since they JUST came out. Secondly, they're cool!! (as to be expected). Sadly they were in a size 10.

The project began with a digitized version of the iconic crocodile logo. Hadid's research team then used this as a basis to explore a series of surfaces with repeated patterns. Hadid explains that the design expression behind the footwear allows the evolution of dynamic fluid grids. When wrapped around the shape of the foot, these expand and contract to negotiate and adapt to the body ergonomically. In doing so, a landscape emerges, undulating and radiating as it merges seamlessly with the body.

Get em
5th Avenue Lacoste
or
INA

1 comment: