3.31.2009

Drama Under City Lights

When I read that a sophisticated version of 'Baldwin Hills' was coming to BET in the form of 'Harlem Heights', I was elated and anxious to see how the stereotypical image of black people would begin to come to a close. From what I understood, the show was supposed to expose young, black, and fabulous professionals on the journey towards . Now, upon watching the last few episodes of the show, I can surely say that I'm disappointed what I've seen because it's just an extension of the drama that often occurs on 'Baldwin Hills' and (dare I say it....) 'College Hill' ..... (Okay.... maybe not AS BAD as 'College Hill', but you definitely see where I'm going with this).

As I expected to see successors and the endeavors...I've yet to see even a complete inch of what I thought I was promised (lol). Instead, I've gotten double dates, kanye's ex, and the traditional he-said-she-said drama. Just when I thought there was hope for African American television...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE!!! i coudnt agree with you more. I was like.. what the fuck is all this drama goin on between all these black folks! but then again, it IS BET and sometimes you can't expect any less.

Anonymous said...

ewww. i dont wanna talk about it! it's hopeless.