3.31.2009

Drama Under City Lights

When I read that a sophisticated version of 'Baldwin Hills' was coming to BET in the form of 'Harlem Heights', I was elated and anxious to see how the stereotypical image of black people would begin to come to a close. From what I understood, the show was supposed to expose young, black, and fabulous professionals on the journey towards . Now, upon watching the last few episodes of the show, I can surely say that I'm disappointed what I've seen because it's just an extension of the drama that often occurs on 'Baldwin Hills' and (dare I say it....) 'College Hill' ..... (Okay.... maybe not AS BAD as 'College Hill', but you definitely see where I'm going with this).

As I expected to see successors and the endeavors...I've yet to see even a complete inch of what I thought I was promised (lol). Instead, I've gotten double dates, kanye's ex, and the traditional he-said-she-said drama. Just when I thought there was hope for African American television...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ewww. i dont wanna talk about it! it's hopeless.